Contractor Hit With Huge Fines
by admin in Blog
PSE&G and subcontractor Henkels & McCoy were hit Wednesday with the largest fines ever issued by the state Board of Public Utilities for safety violations that led to the fatal gas explosion in a Ewing neighborhood last year.
The leak led to an explosion that killed 62-year-old resident Linda Cerritelli, injured seven utility workers, leveled 11 homes and caused some damage to every unit in the 130-house complex.
“The settlement approved today by the NJ Board of Public Utilities is fair and sets forth a number of changes to company procedures about how we handle damages to our gas facilities and reports of gas leaks, including better defining the roles and responsibilities of emergency response personnel,” PSE&G spokeswoman Karen Johnson said in an email.contractor, danger, fines