4 Applications of Concrete Scanning
by admin in Uncategorized
There are many inherent risks that go along with construction and renovation products. One of the most manageable risks is in what workers may encounter as they begin to excavate into the ground. For this there is ground penetrating radar. Here, we take a look at some of the most common applications of GPR.
- Detection of reinforced steel: Project managers must be able to locate rebar and post-tension cable before breaking ground at a new site. GPR technology allows them a safe and accurate way to excavate without risk of injury or death. Reinforcing steel locations are marked directly on the work surface to ensure safe and efficient drilling that will preserve the integrity of the structure. GPR scanning also helps with renovation projects as they often include electrical outfitting, plumbing, fire protection services, drain installation and duct work.
- Locating embedded electrical services: More and more utility companies are placing cable and wires underneath the surface. Concrete scanning helps detect electrical conduits. This is essential for preventing power outages and costly damage to machines and to the cables and wires themselves.
- Concrete assessment: GPR helps crews determine the structure and condition of the existing concrete that is already in place. This critical information helps our clients and their teams to understand the makeup of the site.
- Voids detection and location: Using our GPR equipment, project managers are able to locate voids – air gaps between the sub-grade, dirt, etc. By detecting these voids prior to excavation, clients are able to avoid building over them and risking a collapse in the future.
Popular GPR Applications by Industry
- Utility Location
- Structural Assessment
- Archaeological Survey
- Law Enforcement
- Grave Location & Cemetery Mapping
When you need concrete scanning services, you need to enlist the help of an experienced and trustworthy concrete scanning company. At Accuscan GPR, we have extensive experience with completing concrete scans and have an excellent track record of success. We provide GPR concrete scanning to clients for a wide range of projects. So, if you are asking yourself, “where can I find ground penetrating services near me,” look over our site, fill out our contact form and we will be able to give you a quote.Tags: concrete scanning, conrcrete, construction, GPR scanning, ground penetrating radar, hazardous underground, underground, underground utility services
215 Followers, 401 Following, 288 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Accu Scan GPR Corp. (@accu_scan_gpr_corp)
Accu Scan GPR - Google+
Accu-Scan Gpr Corp in Forest Hills, reviews by real people. Yelp is a fun and easy way to find, recommend and talk about what's great and not so great in Forest Hills and beyond.